** Sony SDX2-50 AIT2 Tape **
A New Standard For Data Storage
Sony AIT (Advanced Intelligent Tape) format is intelligently engineered to stand apart—no other tape cartridge features both an MIC chip (the brains) and a pure metal magnetic layer designed for maximum capacity and longevity (the brawn).
Intelligently Engineered... Sony AIT-2 Tapes
Sony has set a new standard for Data Storage capacity and performance—AIT-2. For AIT-2, our engineers doubled the native capacity (to 50GB) and doubled the data transfer rate (to 6Mb/s)—while maintaining both read and write compatibility with the original AIT-1 media!
Sony AIT-2 Uses Its Brain
The 64Kb MIC chip brain in AIT-2 has four times the capacity of the original AIT. Now it can store even more information to help you proactively manage your data. And like AIT-1, it can go right to the data you need—saving time and wear.
Massive Capacity and Performance
AIT-2 tapes hold up to 50GB native—over 100GB with compression! And storing or retrieving data is lightning-fast—6Mb/sec for native data, and over 12Mb/sec for compressed data.
Sony Advanced Metal Evaporated (AME) Technology For AIT-2 Reliability
Sony AIT-2 tapes use our patented—and proven—advanced metal evaporated processing to create an exceptionally durable tape. Sony’s Diamond Like Carbon protective coating is 20 times harder than oxide, and so smooth that head wear and cleaning requirements are minimized.
Performance Now, with a Future
AIT-2 is the second generation of a growing AIT-format family of solutions covering the entire mid-range storage market. Every AIT offering can stand alone to meet your storage needs or serve as a stepping stone as your needs evolve over time. Don''t trust your data to a dead-end format—choose AIT.
- Native Recording Capacity: 50 GB
- Magnetic Layer Material: Solid Pure Cobalt (AME)
- Tape Width: 8 mm
- Cartridge Dimensions:
* Width: 95 mm
* Height: 62.5mm
* Depth: 15 mm
- Weight (Including Case): 79g
- Write/Rewind Cycles: 30,000 Uses
- Read/Write Head Life: 50,000 Hours
- Operating Temperature: 41°~113°F (5°~45°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20-80 %RH
- Storage Temperature: 41°~90°F (5°~32°C)
- Storage Humidity: 20-60 %RH
- Clean pulls from $24,000 Qualstar Tape Library Systems
- Some places list these as having lifetime warranties from Sony?
- Used, but have been wiped and tested are in perfect condition